Sr. Closing (Settlement) Representative – First Jersey Title
Fair Lawn, NJ, US
Location(s): Broadway – Fair Lawn, NJ – First Jersey Title Services
Description: Perform all functions in connection with refinancing and purchasing real estate closings for both residential and commercial loans. Provide excellent customer service while acting as a liaison between borrowers and lenders for refinance closings and attorneys and lenders for purchase closings.
- Schedule closing with borrower, lender and Notary for refinance closings. Schedule closing with buyers attorney, lender and Notary for purchase closings. Add to closing calendar and mark rundown date in RamQuest. Prepare CD by adding all necessary information including buyer and seller addresses, loan number, town for tax collector, place of closing, and closing and disbursement dates. Add buyer and seller Realtor information including payee, address, license number for company and agent, contact person’s name, email address and phone number. Confirm whether Realty Transfer Fee is standard or partial exemption. Manually add Mansion Tax when required. Add title fees, attorney fees and survey fee. Calculate recording fees and add to CD. Call tax collector when necessary for tax and utility information. Add any taxes to be paid at closing to CD. Calculate adjustments between buyer and seller for taxes, sewer, condo dues, etc. ensure payoffs provided by seller’s attorney are valid and correct. Add per diem and/or late fees to payoffs when necessary.
- Add bank fees to CD when provided by lender and make sure the funds needed for closing in RamQuest and on the lender CD match. Obtain anticipated wire amount from lender and make sure the incoming and outgoing funds balance. Prepare seller CD. Prepare ALTA statement when required. Print and review closing package to check for accuracy. Prepare Affidavit of Title, Enhanced Waiver and any other required documents. Prepare letters, federal express slips, and lawyer service slips needed to send out checks, return closing package and record documents. Set up checks and make sure your ledger balances. Ensure all payees are correct. Confirm any wire instructions. Obtain certified checks when necessary. Prepare checklist for notary. Cut checks. Send checks for attorneys, realtors and seller to closing with closing package.
- Upon receipt, forward documentation needed to clear title to the assigned title officer for their review. Import documents into RamQuest when applicable. Once received, review and send title amendments to the lender if not copied on the order acknowledgment. Obtain any additional title requirements. Ensure all title requirements in title commitment are received including corrections to seller conveyance documents.
- Review Title Commitment and forward to lender when they are not copied on the order acknowledgment, Contact Buyers and Seller’s Attorneys for documentation and fees needed to clear title, prepare the Closing Disclosure (CD) and to prepare the buyers Affidavit of Title. Documents needed include contract, deed, Sellers Affidavit of Title, 1099, FIRPTA, commission statements, and payoffs. Additional documents that may be needed include Resale Certificate, Operating Agreement, Resolution, Estate Questionnaire, etc. For refinance closings, contact borrower for necessary information and order payoffs.
- When acting as the notary, attend closing and ensure all documents are signed and notarized correctly. Send required documents to lender for funding authorization. When someone else is acting as notary, review executed closing package and seller documents to verify they were signed and notarized correctly. Confirm with lender they received required funding documents and obtain funding authorization. Check bank account for incoming wires and post them in RamQuest when received. Advise Notary when they can release checks at closing. Mark deposits from buyers/borrowers in RamQuest and prepare deposit slip. Deposit money at branch and set up wires if necessary. Print final ledger and give to closing supervisor with copies of any certified checks and deposits.
- Copy closing package for the file and return originals to lender. Send out remaining checks. Give title proofs to policy department and pay file. Attach legal description to documents being recorded and file electronically when possible. When sending documents for recording by mail, request check for recording fees after calculating the correct amount needed. File 1099. Mark task in RamQuest and clean out paper file.
- Give title proofs to policy department and pay file. Attach legal description to documents being recorded and file electronically when possible. When sending documents for recording by mail, request check for recording fees after calculating the correct amount needed. File 1099. Mark task in RamQuest and clean out paper file.
- Post-closing, prepares correspondence for submission of closing package, payoff of mortgages, liens and taxes. Disburses mortgage proceeds and obtains mortgage cancellations. Records documents. File 1099; upload post-closing documentation to RamQuest system; follow-up on all post-closing matters.
- HS diploma or GED required;
- A minimum of two years mortgage settlement experience;
- Proficiency in preparing closing disclosures;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs;
- The ability to work independently, once trained, to complete work on a timely basis;
- The ability to work overtime when workload warrants;
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented;
- The ability to communicate effectively;
- Independent and highly motivated self-starter;
- Results oriented with proven track record to motivate self and others to accomplish objectives;
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, and driven; possesses a strong work ethic;
- A collaborator and team player, translating knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships;
- Ability to deliver a seamless experience to the customer.
Columbia Bank and its affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer/Males/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities